Friday, August 29, 2008

Bookworming

Today is a rather gloomy day and it has been raining on and off. My brother, myself, and my dad were home today due to an inservice day and a little later on, my mom came home early, as she usually does on Fridays. We went on a little outing to lunch and Barnes and Noble. As my mom was despertly trying to find a book called The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2009 Edition for me, I ventured on over to the Travel Essay section. There were the normal ones with titles like My Trip to Greece and Off to China. But one title jumped out at me. Tales From Nowhere. This is some of what the back said:
We've all been to Nowhere. It might have been in the middle of Borneo or Beijing. It might have been in a Mayan mountain village, along a time-worn trail in Tuscany, on an isolated South Pacific island, or under a desert moon in Mali. Nowhere is a setting, a situation and a state of
mind. It's not on any map, but you know when you're there.

Sounds cool right? So in the book are 30 short essays about peoples' adventure finding or being in Nowhere. I haven't finished the book yet, but it is already so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment